Digital Twins in Smart Manufacturing
Learning outcomes of this training
- Understand the possibilities of a digital twin
- Start thinking of the factory of tomorrow, before even investing a dime into it
- Gain knowledge on how to identify the potential use cases for a digital twin
Substance of the training:
- Get to know what a digital twin is
- How is it beneficial
- Who uses it
- How it’s done in simplest form (From Virtual to Physical)
- How it’s done in simplest form (From Physical to Virtual)
Structure of the training:
- Webinar 1
- Assessment 1
- Webinar 2
- Assessment 2
- Webinar 3
Vocational educators who are interested in digital twins and their use in smart manufacturing. Teachers who are interested in simulations.
The use of digital twins in industry is growing enormously. The benefits of a digital twin have been noticed, and grasping the idea behind digital twins is very important. Is it more than meets the eye, or is it simply just a digital clone of a physical cell? Come in the training, and find out!
Knowledge and insight on how to utilize digital twins, and to catch on situations where digital twins could be used and how it would benefit the smart manufacturing process.
Joonas Kortelainen MSc (Tech), researcher/lecturer, Satakunta University of Applied Sciences